Borough of West Pittston, Pennsylvania
~ The Garden Village ~
West Pittston Borough
555 Exeter Avenue
West Pittston, PA 18643
8:00am - 4:00pm weekdays
Main Office: 570-655-7782
Public Works: 570-655-7786
Police (non-emergency): 570-655-7780
505 Delaware Avenue
Open for Recycling 8:00am to 12:00pm Saturdays
Residents can pick up recycle bins between 2-3 pm Mon.-Fri. up until
July 16, 2021 then recycle bins will be delivered.
Borough Council President
Barry D. Hosier
555 Exeter Ave.
First Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm in the Borough Building.
Council Work Sessions
Third Wednesday of the month unless otherwise published at 6:30pm in the Borough Building. If there are
5 Wednesdays in a month, Work Session will be on the fourth
West Pittston Hose Company #1
Zoning/Code Enforcement Officer
Public Records Officer
PUBLIC LEGAL NOTICE – Local Services Tax Meeting
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that at a Virtual Meeting of West Pittston Borough Council to be held on December 22, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. prevailing time. The public may participate by dialing in at 6:30 pm using the following phone number , 1-844-855-4444. The Access Code is 1504199. Borough Council will consider and act upon a proposed Resolution which re-adopts the Local Services Tax, Earned Income Tax, Realty Transfer Tax, and Per Capita Tax for the fiscal year of 2021. The amount of revenues estimated to be derived from these taxes are as follows:
- Local Services Tax $35,000.00
- Earned Income Tax $537,000.00
- Realty Transfer Tax $40,000.00
- Per Capita Tax $9,200.00
Said proposed Resolution is as follows:
RESOLUTION RE-ADOPTING THE LOCAL SERVICES TAX, EARNED INCOME TAX, REALTY TRANSFER TAX AND PER CAPITA TAX FOR THE FISCAL YEAR OF 2021
BE IT RESOLVED, by the Borough Council of the Borough of West Pittston, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, and it is hereby resolved by authority of the same as follows:
- That the present Ordinance No. 546 as amended, of the Borough of West Pittston, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, imposing a Local Services Tax of Fifty-two dollars ($52.00) for the general revenue proposed on all individuals engaging in the occupations within the corporate limits of the Borough of West Pittston, aforesaid, be continued in force for the fiscal year of 2020 without formal re-enactment, under the authority of the Local Tax Enabling Act, December 1, 1965, P.L. 1257, as amended.
- That the present Earned Income Tax or Wage Tax Ordinance of One Percent (1%) presently enforced by the Borough of West Pittston, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, is hereby re-adopted as a tax in the Borough for the fiscal year of 2021.
- That the present Ordinance, No. 341, as amended, of the Borough of West Pittston, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, imposing an excise tax of One Percent (1%) for general revenue purposes, on the privilege of transferring and/or acquiring real estate situate in part or in whole within the Borough of West Pittston, aforesaid, be continued in force for the fiscal year of 2021 without formal re-enactment under the authority of the Local Tax Enabling Act, December 1, 1965, P.L. 1257, as amended.
- That the present Ordinance No. 348, as amended, and the present Ordinance No. 329, as amended of the Borough of West Pittston, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, imposing a Per Capita Tax of Ten Dollars ($10.00) for general revenue purposed on each and every resident of the Borough of West Pittston aforesaid, over the age of eighteen (18) years, be continued in force for the fiscal year of 2021, without formal re-enactment, under the authority of the Local Tax Enabling Act, December 1, 1965, P.L. 1257, as amended.
- That all Ordinances or Resolutions or parts of Ordinances or Resolutions not consistent with the provisions of the above Resolution be and are hereby repealed.
The Borough of West Pittston does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, National Origin, Sex, Religion, Age, Disability or Family Status in Employment or the Provision of Services.
Mark W. Bufalino, Esquire
Sign Up for CodeRED
CodeRED is an emergency notification service that allows borough officials to notify residents and businesses by telephone, cell phone, text message, email and social media regarding time-sensitive, general and emergency information. Only authorized officials have access to the CodeRED system. . Any message regarding the safety, property or welfare of the community will be disseminated using CodeRED. These include AMBER alerts, hazardous traffic or road conditions, boil water advisories, evacuation notices or community events.
For registration help, call 1-866-939-0911. Required information includes contact name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number and whether the property is a residence or business.
Police Department Website
The West Pittston Police Department has a new website. Be sure to check it often. The site is intended to help the West Pittston Police Department with its law enforcement duties. You may email tips, retrieve forms, access other law enforcement sites, or register for code red on the site.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the website please email email@example.com
Crime tips may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.